Sandton, the business and financial hub of South Africa, is home to the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg Stock Exchange and world class shopping at Sandton City. O.R. Tambo International Airport is just 30 minutes away for great connections to just about anywhere.
The Sandton Convention Centre is a 12 story award-winning marvel, accommodating up to 10 000 people at any time with varying room capacities. The Sandton Convention Centre is designed to provide convention, exhibition and special event space over 5 main levels, where multiple events can be staged simultaneously. Parking is no problem as there are 3 arcades with 11 000 bays, and full security services are in place throughout the Centre.
Adjacent to Sandton Convention Centre is Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square, for the ultimate entertainment, shopping and dining experience. International and local leaders in fashion and lifestyle can be found here, and visitors can enjoy a show or market on the Square whilst relaxing at one of the many sidewalk cafes. There are around 90 restaurants, bars and cafes in Sandton alone.
Such a prestigious business and shopping district requires excellent support and Sandton business hotels provide the latest facilities, services and transport to meet the demand. There is a hotel or executive apartment to suit every kind of traveller including individuals, groups and the physically disabled. Wi-Fi internet connections are customary in most hotels here.
Sandton business hotels range from standard to exclusive, full service high rises to small, luxury retreats. Executives looking for more than a hotel will find a number of fully self-contained Sandton executive apartments providing high-tech "home away from home" comforts, for all business and leisure needs.
Sandton Conference Accommodation is provided by most establishments. Many have their own conference facilities, boardrooms and business centres. In line with the latest trends, Wellness Spas, swimming pools and fitness centres are on site or nearby.
Some facilities and services offered at Sandton business hotels / apartments include
- 24 hour reception
- Tours and travel desks, shuttle transport
- Express or late check-out
- Express breakfasts
- Selected bill-back to room local restaurant service
- Order in service from local restaurants and take-away menus
- Wellness and Fitness centres, jogging circuits
- Business centres and fully equipped conference rooms
- Parking and security
In room features and services
- Catering service for executives in self-catering apartments
- Fully equipped / serviced designer apartments for entertaining
- High speed broadband internet and Wi-Fi
- ISDN telephone with email and voice mail, fax machines
- High tech entertainment centres (plasma screens, DVD)
- Satellite TV channels and interactive sound systems
- Double glazed windows for quieter accommodation
- Express laundry in 3 hours
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Mini-bar and refreshment stations
Most Sandton business hotels can arrange transport / tours to nearby attractions
- Airports - ORTIA, Lanseria, Grand Central and Rand
- Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton City, Nelson Mandela Square
- The Village Walk, Hyde Park, Rosebank Malls
- Golf - 4 top-class courses at hand and Vodacom World of Golf
- Monte Casino and Gold Reef City
- Soweto, Pretoria and Johannesburg attractions
- Cradle of Humankind - World Heritage Site
- Game reserves for safaris and game drives